Friday 4 January 2008

Arrival in Manhattan

Hello, hello!

After a few hectic weeks getting everything ready, saying my goodbyes and enjoying the Christmas holidays I'm now at last in New York!

The journey over here began with a final farewell to Charlie and Jo in Twickenham. On the way to Heathrow the taxi passed the same hotel where two and a bit years ago, the family stayed the night before my six month trip around the world. Deju vu eh!

This time though, it's quite a different adventure, less of the intrepid explorer (in some ways), but more the ex-patriot! It's almost embarrassing to mention it, but on the flight over to New York I got upgraded to upper class!! And of course, I enjoyed it, especially the Gruner Veltliner wine, it's good, but don't have too much at altitude!

It was pretty amazing to arrive in the apartment and to think that it's my place for the next few months! What an experience! The location is fantastic as I'm right in the centre of Manhattan surrounded by the Empire State building, Macy's, Madison Square Garden and Times Square.

Living the dream.

No comments: