Friday 11 January 2008

Midwest Flying Visit


No sooner had I arrived in New York, I was already on a two hour flight early Monday morning to Chicago for a couple of days. After spending the day in the Chicago office catching up with familar faces I arrived at the rather nice Chicago hotel, The James.

I checked in at the front desk, and the receptionist said that I had been upgraded to a studio suite. Well, after being upgraded on the flight from Heathrow to New York last week to Upper Class I needed to find out why everyone was upgrading me all of a sudden! I don't remember this happening on the long hard solitary road around the world as the intrepid explorer...

So, I actually asked the receptionist why she upgraded me!? I think she was quite bemused. At least I think so anyway. She just said that there was no particular reason but that the suite had been allocated to me! I didn't complain!

Later that evening I caught up with a couple of fellow Brits from the office when we headed out to sample some of Chicago's famous cuisine. From what I've seen and heard about Chicago, it seems like a fantastic place.

After all, there's a beach to look forward to!

No comments: