Sunday 6 January 2008

New York Life

Hey, hey, hey!

The first weekend of life in Manhattan began with the almost desperate need to find a decent grocery store and buy some food essentials!! Luckily I came across a rather suitable store called the Garden of Eden on the way back from work. It's now my store of choice.It's a bit surreal being here for the weekend, but sure enough I kept myself busy! I did a fair bit of walking on Saturday, strolling all the way up Broadway to Central Park and then I checked out a bit of Times Square on the way back. Admittedly I did check out Macy's too and I bought a new watch. Not quite the intrepid explorer anymore eh!Saturday night was definitely a bit surreal as a friend of a friend came round with his girlfriend. I had never met him before but he's pretty similar to our mutual friend from Bristol and so of course the main topic of conversation was all about football!! We became true wine connoisseurs too, checking out a few nice reds down in East Village!Today was epic, it was sunny and relatively warm! I walked all the way from 33rd up through Central Park to the ice rink and the famous lake towards the Metropolian Museum of Art on 82nd.Checked out some legendary pieces of art from my art idols Cezanne, Warhol and Van Goff. True legends (I took a sneaky picture of Hirst's piece too!).As I walked back the evening sun slowly faded away behind all the high-rise buildings only to be replaced by mass of neon lights. It is definitely the city that never sleeps. I do though.Tomorrow I'm back on the road to Chicago for a couple of days.

Catch ya'll when I get back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow looks really nice

hopefully im going with school to new york next year and going to broadway... can't wait... have a nice time!

dont go supersize...james